1. Add Images – Yes, content is king but appearance is second. Spice up your posts with some images to break up the content.
2. Create “About Me” page – let people know the real you. Tell us some unique things about you.
3. Fix broken links – Go to this site and verify any broken links to fix; do it yourself or hire someone.
4. Sell it – Sell your blog to someone who wants it, that’s a great way to better your blog.
5. Add Social Profiles – If you don’t have Twitter or Facebook then its time you should; do it for the blog. When you do, use some social media plugins to connect with your readers.
6. Switch to a Premium theme – If your using a free WordPress theme, maybe it’s time to upgrade to a premium theme.
7. Give Something Away For Free – People love free stuff, why not give them something of value for free! Maybe an ebook??
8. Guest Post – guest post on another, more popular blog in your niche. This is a great way to build traffic and network.
9. Q & A – depending on your traffic, having a question and answer session is a nice way of engaging with your visitors.
10. Check Spelling – We are all human, everyone makes mistakes. Nice little cliche, try your best to spell everything right; nothing worse than multiple typos on a post or page.
11. Ease up on the ads – I don’t want something popping up every time I hover over a word. Don’t let your content drowned in ads.
13. Stop checking stats – instead write awesome content. This rule applies to new blogs especially, it’s very discouraging to only see 4 visits. Content and interaction will bring in plenty of traffic.
14. Get your own domain – If you are on wordpress.com or blogger.com, it’s time to get your own domain to look more professional and be brandable.
15. Post Consistently – Nothing is worse than visiting a site and viewing their last post and it’s from 3 months ago! Whether you post daily or weekly, just be consistent.
16. Comment on other blogs – Interaction is key. Go around to other blogs and comment on their post. Make sure you link back to your site.
17. Don’t comment on other blogs – if you quickly write “nice artcle.” Be more in depth so it doesn’t look like spam.
18. Have a voice – don’t sound like a robot in your writing. Just be you.
19. Use timestamp – When you feel inspired and you can bang out several articles then you should. Schedule them to publish on your regular schedule.
20. Don’t quit over money – Don’t quit or get discouraged if you blog isn’t generating the money you hoped for. It takes time to become successful.
21. Be patient – Along the lines of the above, take one day at a time. Most successful blogs don”t become a success in a day, week or 3 months; it takes many months/years to be a success.
22. Make a top list – This is popular in the design community, a top list showcases the best of the best in a particular topic. It’s an easy read and entertaining.
23. Change your sidebar – If you think your sidebar is boring, add some widgets like popular posts.
24. Run a contest – Give something away for commenting, subscribing or retweeting.
25. Ask – ask your readers, friends, family what they would like to see change on your site.
26. Step Away – from the computer and grab a coffee or go for a walk. Its not healthy, mentally or physically, to be sitting in front of a couple for hours.
27. Learn Something New – and write a blog post about it.
28. Stop reading other blogs – instead build online relationships and focus on your site.
29. Add a Sitemap – A great way for search engines to recognize your pages. If you are using WordPress there are many plugins that will organize this for you.
30. Redesign logo – a logo should say something about your site. Do it yourself or pay someone if you don’t have web graphic experience.
31. Be done for the day – Sometimes the best thing to do is stop tweaking and step away from your site.
32. Submit to directories – This is a good way for search engines like Google and Yahoo to recognize your site.
33. Fix permalinks – visit this post to do so.
34. Create mailing list – I don’t have one ( I should), but most pro-bloggers swear by having a mailing list you increase readership and revenue.
35. Fix your workspace – In order to be more productive clean up your workspace.
36. Create a favicon – You know the little icon up top? Yeah, you should have one to look more professional.
37. Eat Healthy – In order to be on top of your game today you need to eat right! Don’t eat foods that will leave you sluggish. Instead of a McDonalds 1/3lb burger, grab a piece of fruit.
38. Spend Money – buy an ad spot to increase traffic.
39. Link to others – link out to some articles that you find interesting
40. Backup – it’s important to have a scheduled backup for you files.
41. Interview Someone – Another great way to reach out to someone is to interview them with some quality questions. Shoot an email over to a person in your niche, most would be glad to answer a few questions.
42. Check in on your competition – You should know who your competing with and every once in a while you should keep tabs on what they are doing.
43. Turn the TV off – You can get alot done when you don’t have any distractions. Instead of watching Seinfeld, make a quality post for you blog.
44. Retweet – this is similar to an outgoing link only you are using your Twitter profile to shout out an article
45. Visit with someone – have some real interaction with a friend or client, bounce some ideas off of eachother. This will give you more to write about when you sit down to write a post.
46. Take a shower – its weird but I do my best thinking in the shower so this is a personal suggest for you.
47. Expand – expand your blog with a possible sister site. For example, the Envato network has PSDTuts, Nettuts and so on.
48. Share personal happenings – maybe you are a recent Dad, share it with us!
49. Write the old fashioned way – grab a pen and paper and write a post (journal entry). Sometimes its nice to write without hitting keys!
50. Do you! – It’s your blog, you don’t have to listen to anyone! You can ignore these tips if you want. The most important thing is to be yourself.